Monday, April 23, 2012

It's late & I can't sleep.

Has anyone ever seen the series 1000 ways to die?

Crazy stuff...and very graphic.

Which brings me to my point, I may not be able to walk but I'm happy that I'm alive.

You think about your life, & everything you've done and the choices you've made, it makes you realize how fast time goes by & how precious life truly is.

Regardless of my current injury and what it may bring in the future and my current heartbreak, life goes on.
In due time, my foot & heart will heal...and then I feel like I can start fresh.

I've learned a lot from all this:
1. I'm very clumsy.
2. Trust NO ONE
3. Tv is extremely overrated
4. I'm damn good reader
5.1000 ways to die.(ha! get it?!)

I often sit here and think about all the things I WILL be able to do in the future, because now,  It seems a lot more important, having an injury really opens your eyes up.




3 comments:

  1. Hi Sally,
    I am 14 months into recovery from my lis franc injury. I admit I feel blessed that I can get in and out of the shower, stand to brush my teeth, and getting to and from the bathroom on two feet. I am able to walk--still working on stamina. My foot doesn't hurt all that much -- unless I think about it. Luckily for me, the first couple of months during recovery there was a lot of rain. I was able to watch it from my "nest". Being able to be online, netflix,and a great doctor (I was able to email and get responses for any of my questions) made life a bit easier. I read other blogs and got lots of ideas to make my life more manageable. Also, they encouraged me to follow my doctor's orders to the letter, and that I would get my life back again. I'm not 100% but getting there. Hang in there!
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's great to hear...or read. I'm honestly very happy that You can walk and do all those wonderful things on two feet. It's encouraging to hear those things. I'm hanging, there isn't anywhere else to go! But thank you, This helps me look forward to the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck tomorrow! Do what Sissie says, and follow the doctor's orders..whatever the diagnosis...funny movies help, by the way...
    Keep blogging...Chris

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
MIchigan, United States